COVID-19 Event Guidelines
The health, safety, and security of T-Mobile Center guests, performers, athletes, and associates remain our highest priority. To help ensure T-Mobile Center is prepared to welcome guests, the venue has implemented preventative measures that are aligned with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Kansas City Health Department.
COVID-19 WELLNESS PROCEDURES
- Guests are required to wear masks within T-Mobile Center unless seated within your pod or actively eating or drinking.
- Masks are required for all staff while in the arena and during the event.
- Six-foot social distancing will be enforced throughout the arena including, but not limited to: elevators, lobby, restrooms, concourse and seating areas.
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization methods of high-touch areas will be done before and after each performance and throughout the event. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the building.
- Vendors and various associates are wearing face masks including gloves depending upon job function to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Any specifics regarding medical treatment and protocols are at the direction of the medical staff from The University of Kansas Health System who treats the athletes, staffs all our First Aid Stations as well as the Urgent Care/Health Clinic located in the lobby.
- Increased signage locations outlining advisable precautions and CDC recommendations.
Doors will open approx. 60 minutes before event start.
Arrival: During entry to the venue - Please maintain 6 ft distance from other pod groups. Grand Boulevard and Oak Street Entrances will be open for guests for entry into the arena. Based on seating location, guests entering through Grand Boulevard will enter through a specific lane to minimize contact with other guests. Arena entry queue system has been structured to support social distancing.
Ticket Redemption: To use your tickets, download the AXS mobile app and sign in with the email address used for purchase prior to arriving at the venue. Once you and your pod group have arrived, present the AXS Mobile ID QR code on your phone to the Guest Service Representative at the entrance. No physical ticket will be provided.
Seating: All pod groups are expected to sit at their designated seat locations and keep 6 ft distance from other pod groups. Do not move to any open seats as we have strategically placed groups to maintain social distance. Security will be on-site to enforce social distancing and mask requirements.
Prohibited Items: No backpacks, selfie sticks, tablet computers, outside food and beverage, pocket knives and chain wallets. A complete list of prohibited items can be found here.
Bag Policy: Guests are encouraged to pack lightly when coming to T-Mobile Center events. To expedite entry and minimize screening touchpoints, no bags or backpacks will be permitted into the venue except small purses or personal bags (not to exceed 12x12x6 inches). Please note that all diaper bags and medical bags will be screened prior to entry.
No Smoking: No smoking of any kind including vaping permitted.
Concessions: There will be a variety of limited contact concession experiences available, including "Grab N' Go's," throughout the arena. Pre-packaged and wrapped items available at all locations. All beverages served with lids or caps and refills will not be offered. Prepackaged condiments are available at all stands. Social distanced queuing. Masks and gloves required for all staff.
Seat Departure: When exiting your seats for concessions, restrooms, or following the event, please wait for aisles to clear to avoid congestion.
Onsite Medical Resources
A variety of medical resources are available for guests or associates attending T-Mobile Center Events. The University of Kansas Health System nurses and technicians provide medical assistance at First Aid locations on the main concourse at Section 105 and Upper Concourse at Section 219. For those who live or work downtown, T-Mobile Center Health Care, a primary care practice and urgent care provider is open from 8 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday. In the event of a medical emergency, contact a security or guest services team member for assistance.
T-Mobile Center is a VenueShield Protected Venue
KEY HIGHLIGHTS OF T-MOBILE CENTER'S VENUESHIELD PROTOCOL:
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization methods
- Training for all team members on health and safety procedures
- Social distancing queuing in place across seating and concourse areas
- Non-contact hand sanitizer dispensers installed at various points throughout the venue
- Mask covering mandatory to enter the venue
Online Resources for Guests & Associates
Kansas City Health Department: www.kcmo.gov/city-hall/departments/health/coronavirus
Center for Disease Control: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
For questions or concerns related to a T-Mobile Center Event, please contact us.